Saint Cloud DUI Defense Lawyers
We Will Guide You Through A Difficult Time In Your Life.
If you or your loved one is pulled over for drunk driving in Central Minnesota, the best advice is to talk to a DUI defense lawyer as soon as possible. Do not make any statements to the police!
Do not hesitate before calling PCG Law, in Saint Cloud at 320-200-9805. We can begin building your defense immediately. We will start by scrutinizing all aspects of your case, including the validity of the traffic stop, whether the evidence was illegally obtained, whether the evidence is reliable, and whether you have viable defenses and mitigating factors that could be used to reduce the possible penalties.
Even A First Offense Has Serious Consequences
A drunk driving charge is often based on an error in judgment, but it can have a lasting impact on your life. Even a first offense can have very serious legal and nonlegal consequences, which is why it is important to at least talk to an attorney.
Legal penalties include:
- Heavy fines
- Community service
- Ignition interlock, mandatory in some drunk driving cases
- Automatic license suspension in every drunk driving case
- Automatic license suspension for refusal to submit to a breath test
- Seizure of a vehicle
- Electronic monitoring
- Ongoing drug and alcohol testing
- Jail time, mandatory under certain circumstances
The legal penalties alone can quickly complicate your life. There are a number of nonlegal consequences that can have a serious impact as well. Listed below are only a few common examples.
- Increased car insurance rates or dropped coverage
- Higher health or life insurance premiums
- Impact on current employment or future job opportunities
- Hinder ability to obtain financial aid for education
Call Us For Honest Advice About Your Case
If you have been stopped for drunk driving, contact our experienced legal team at 320-200-9805 or send us an email. In your initial consultation, you will sit down with an experienced attorney who will provide straightforward advice about your legal options.